Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Know It's Over - for Coco

Oh Andy, I can feel the execs standing over our heads
And NBC wants my show dead
Oh well, enough said

I know it’s over, still I cling
I don’t know where my show goes
Over…

Oh Weinberg, I can feel the network standing over our heads
See NBC wants to axe me
Zucker wants to pass me
Do you think they can break me?
Sad old Jay, just retire
Bigger chin, you won’t win
Smart, loyal viewers treat me kindly
You know they need me
MORE THAN THEY WANT YOU
Yet I know it’s over, still I cling
I don’t know where this show goes
Over, over, over…

I know it’s over
It never really began
But 5 years ago it was so real
Only 7 months, and I say
“If you’re so funny
Why do you do so poor at 10?
And if you’re so clever
Why do you do so poor at 10?
You think you’re entertaining
Yet you still do so poor at 10.
If you had such good ratings
Then why do you get so few laughs?
I know
Because The Tonight Show is mine tonight
That’s why your show’s so trite
With your chin and your cars
Always kissing Zucker’s arse”

It’s so easy to laugh
You’re so easy to hate
You don’t do so well in prime time
Over, over, over, over…

It’s so easy to laugh
You’re so easy to hate
You don’t do so well in prime time
Over, over…

Comedy comes natural and is real
But not for you, you suck
Not for Jay, you schmuk
Wit is natural and real
But you are so past your prime, I know

Oh Allen, I can feel the soil falling over my head
Oh Parr, I can feel the soil falling over my head
Oh Carson, I can feel the soil falling over my head
Oh Dave, I can feel the soil falling over my head
Oh Andy, I can feel the soil falling over our heads

No comments:

Post a Comment